The Australian government requires all international students to:
- Purchase OSHC in order to be granted a student visa
- Be covered by OSHC for the length of their student visa
- Purchase OSHC from a registered health provider, approved by the Australian Government Department of Health and Ageing
- Pay OSHC before they leave home so it will cover them from when they arrive in Australia
- Allianz Global Assistance www.oshcallianzassistance.com.au
- Medibank Private www.medibank.com.au
- BUPA Overseas Student Health Cover www.overseasstudenthealth.com
- Australian Health Management Group www.ahm.com.au/oshc
- nib OSHC www.nib.com.au
SGSCC International will only process payments for Allianz Global Assistance. If you wish to use another provider, you will need to make your own payment arrangements and show evidence of the payment to SGSCC International and immigration when you apply for your visa.
You should compare alternative OSHC providers to find one that suits your budget and needs.
Allianz Global Assistance can provide you with an ‘extras’ product known as StudentPlus. You can visit the Allianz Global Assistance website or talk to an Allianz Global Assistance representative on campus to find out more information about this product.
When does my membership start?
OSHC will be activated when you land in Australia; however, it is important to note that a qualifying period may apply for some services. If you renew your visa offshore or take a leave of absence from your studies and have a new visa issued from abroad, you will be subject to another qualifying period for some services.
How long do I need to purchase OSHC for?
All international students pay for OSHC for the duration of their student visa. Visa-length OSHC ensures you will not have to pay any premium increase for the length of your course, subject to goods and services tax (GST). You will be entitled to a refund of any outstanding balance if you leave
Australia before you intended, provided there is at least one month remaining before your health cover expires. You should pay the premiums for OSHC when you accept your offer.
Where can I get help with my OSHC?
Allianz Global Assistance has dedicated phone support for their clients.
Standard Contact Details
Member Services and General Enquiries
13 OSHC (13 6742)
+61 7 3305 8841 (If calling from outside Australia)
1800 651 349
24 Hour Emergency Helpline
1800 814 781