CHC43015 Certificate IV in Ageing Support - International
CRICOS Code: 089304D
Duration: 52 Weeks
Do you want to take the next step as a support worker and specialise in Ageing Services? Care Supervisors are employed in residential facilities where they undertake work related tasks to maintain an individual’s wellbeing through personal care and/or other activities of living and may provide services to individuals with complex needs, and/or work with groups of older people. Work includes supervising others and may include training and support to promote independence and community participation, which may be provided as part of activities and programs in a variety of settings including residential and centre-based programs.
The Certificate IV in Ageing Support qualifies Support Workers to supervise a group of older people and manage/ coordinate a number of support workers in a Team Leader role.
Why complete the Certificate IV in Ageing Support?
- The Certificate IV in Ageing Support allows students to work as a Personal Carer, Assistant Hostel Supervisor, Care Supervisor, Care Team Leader and Program Coordinator.
- Workers may be required to demonstrate leadership and have limited responsibility for the organisation and the quantity and quality of outputs of others within limited parameters.
What does this mean for you?
Real opportunities for you – So get qualified with SGSCC International and kick start your rewarding and challenging career today.
What will you learn?
- Facilitate the interests and rights of clients
- Facilitate the empowerment of older people
- Coordinate services for older people
- Implement interventions with older people at risk
- Provide support to people living with dementia
- Support independence and well being
- Work with diverse people
- Manage legal and ethical compliance
- Deliver care services using a palliative approach
- Develop and maintain networks and collaborative partnerships
- Follow safe work practices for direct client care
- Coordinate client directed services
- Provide loss and grief support
- Manage partnership agreements with services providers
Rewarding and fulfilling career options include:
- Assistant in Nursing
- Case Worker
- Personal Care Assistant
- Support Workers
Delivery and assessment mode
- Full time at Jannali
- Assessments are competency based which means that you have to demonstrate that you are able to meet the performance criteria for each unit.
- Assessment methods will vary including: Questions & Answers, projects, role plays, presentations, port folios observation.
- Assessments will be completed in and outside of class time.
- You should allow approximately 5-10 hours per week for self-study and out of class assessments.
This course requires work placement which will be organised by SGSCC. Work placement (unpaid) is a compulsory component of the course where you will be assessed in the workplace.
- Must be 18 years or older
- Upper intermediate level of English (IELTS Score of 5.5 or equivalent)
All students must undertake the following:
- Working with Children Check
- Criminal Record Check
Units of Competency
- CHCADV001 Facilitate the interests and rights of clients
- CHCAGE001 Facilitate the empowerment of older people
- CHCAGE003 Coordinate services for older people
- CHCAGE004 Implement interventions with older people at risk
- CHCAGE005 Provide support to people living with dementia
- CHCCCS006 Facilitate individual service planning and delivery
- CHCCCS011 Meet personal support needs
- CHCCCS023 Support independence and well being
- CHCCCS025 Support relationships with carers and families
- CHCDIV001 Work with diverse people
- CHCLEG003 Manage legal and ethical compliance
- CHCPAL001 Deliver care services using a palliative approach
- CHCPRP001 Develop and maintain networks and collaborative partnerships
- HLTAAP001 Recognise healthy body systems
- HLTWHS002 Follow safe work practices for direct client care
- CHCCOM002 Use communication to build relationships
- HLTHPS006 Assist clients with medication
- HLTHPS007 Administer and monitor medications
Course Related Information:
For more course information including start dates, timetable and tuition fees click