CHC43115 Certificate IV in Disability - International
CRICOS Code: 089303E
Duration: 52 Weeks
Working in Disabilities is never boring. Working in care challenges you every day emotionally, physically and mentally. At times you may wonder if you are getting anywhere and then you get a smile, a pat on the back or someone is able to do something they couldn’t do the day before. You can make a difference to someone’s day and someone’s life. This qualification reflects the role of workers in a range of community settings and clients' homes, who provide training and support in a manner that empowers people with disabilities to achieve greater levels of independence, self-reliance, community participation and wellbeing. Workers promote a person-centred approach, work without direct supervision and may be required to supervise and/or coordinate a small team.
The community services and health industries is the fastest growing workforce sector, experiencing the greatest need for employees, with 24% of workforce growth in 2012, increasing at a rate of 3% each year, or 170,000 jobs (Industry Skills Council, 2008). There is a recognised skills shortage for disability workers. With the ongoing demands of disability organisations, this shortage will continue in years to come.
What does this mean for you?
Real Opportunities For You – So get qualified with SGSCC International and kick start youre rewarding career as a Support worker today.
As a Community Services Worker you are employed in a job where you can empower groups in your community. This role is a rewarding job and a great way to give back to your community by making a difference in people’s everyday lives.
What will you learn?
- Provide individualised support
- Follow established person-centred behaviour supports
- Develop and provide person-centred service responses
- Facilitate the empowerment of people with disability
- Facilitate community participation and social inclusion
- Facilitate ongoing skills development using a person-centred approach
- Provide person-centred services to people with disability with complex needs
- Work with diverse people
Rewarding and fulfilling career options include:
- Disability service manager
- Disability service coordinator
- Case manager
- Client service assessor
- Project worker
- Program manager
- Person Centred Planner
Delivery and assessment mode
- Full time at Jannali
- Assessments are competency based which means that you have to demonstrate that you are able to meet the performance criteria for each unit. Assessment methods will vary including: Questions & Answers, projects, role plays, presentations, portfolios, observation. Assessments will be completed in and outside of class time.
- You should allow approximately 5-10 hours per week for self-study and out of class and assessments.
This course requires work placement which will be organised by SGSCC. Work placement (unpaid) is a compulsory component of the course when you will be assessed in the workplace.
- Must be 18 years or older
- Upper intermediate level of English (IELTS Score of 5.5 or equivalent)
All students must undertake the following:
- Working with Children Check
- Criminal Record Check
Units of Competency
- CHCCCS015 Provide individualised support
- CHCDIS002 Follow established person-centred behaviour supports
- CHCDIS005 Develop and provide person-centred service responses
- CHCDIS007 Facilitate the empowerment of people with disability
- CHCDIS008 Facilitate community participation and social inclusion
- CHCDIS009 Facilitate on-going skills development using a person-centred approach
- CHCDIS010 Provide person-centred services to people with disability with complex needs
- CHCDIV001 Work with diverse people
- CHCLEG003 Manage legal and ethical compliance
- HLTAAP001 Recognise healthy body systems
- HLTWHS002 Follow safe work practices for direct client care
- CHCCCS006 Facilitate individual service planning and delivery
- HLTHPS006 Assist clients with medication
- CHCDIS004 Communicate using alternative and augmentative strategies
Course Related Information:
For more course information including start dates, timetable and tuition fees click