CHC50113 Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care - International
CRICOS CODE: 082995F
Duration: 52 Weeks
Become an important part of children’s development and learning. With more and more child care centres opening up to meet the demands of working families, this shortage is likely to continue. This means that there are many employment opportunities for a qualified Early Childhood Educator – so get qualified and kick start your career!
Depending on the setting, educators may have responsibility for supervision of volunteers or other staff in a range of child care facilities such as full day care centres, occasional care facilities, crèches and early learning centres as an Early Childhood Educator. With SGSCC International’s accredited course, you will learn how to establish a safe and healthy environment, design, implement, coordinate and evaluate a variety of programs and care routines for children along with a number of other key skills and abilities that will be immediately applicable and relevant to senior roles in active and dynamic child care environments.
What does this mean for you?
Real opportunities for you – So get qualified with SGSCC International and kick start your rewarding career as an Early Childhood Educator today…
What will you learn?
- Children’s Health & Safety
- Workplace Practices
- Working With Children
- Emergency First Aid
- Care For Children
- Culture & Diversity
- Health, Safety & Quality
- Childhood Development
- Foster Learning In Children
Rewarding and fulfilling career options include:
- Childcare Team Leader
- Director of a Child Care Centre
Delivery and assessment mode
- Full time at Jannali
- Assessments are competency based which means that you have to demonstrate that you are able to meet the performance criteria for each unit.
- Assessment methods will vary including: Questions & Answers, projects, role plays, presentations, port folios observation.
- Assessments will be completed in and outside of class time.
- You should allow approximately 5-10 hours per week for self-study and out of class assessments.
This course requires work placement which will be organised by SGSCC. Work placement (unpaid) is a compulsory component of the course where you will be assessed in the workplace.
- Hold a current CHC30113 Certificate III in Early Childhood and Care
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Upper intermediate level of English (IELTS Score of 5.5 or equivalent).
All students must undertake the following:
- Working with Children Check
- Criminal Record Check
Units of Competency
- CHCDIV002 Promote Aboriginal and or Torres Strait Islander cultural safety
- CHCECE001 Develop cultural competence
- CHCECE002 Ensure the health and safety of children
- CHCECE003 Provide care for children
- CHCECE004 Promote and provide healthy food and drinks
- CHCECE005 Provide care for babies and toddlers
- CHCECE007 Develop positive and respectful relationships with children
- CHCECE009 Use an approved learning framework to guide practice
- CHCLEG001 Work legally and ethically
- CHCPRT001 Identify and respond to children and young people at risk
- HLTAID004 Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting
The above 11 core units are the pre requisite units for the Diploma
- CHCECE016 Establish and maintain a safe and healthy environment for children
- CHCECE017 Foster the holistic development and wellbeing of the child in early childhood
- CHCECE018 Nurture creativity in children
- CHCECE019 Facilitate compliance in an education and care service
- CHCECE020 Establish and implement plans for developing cooperative behaviour
- CHCECE021 Implement strategies for the inclusion of all children
- CHCECE022 Promote children’s agency
- CHCECE023 Analyse information to inform learning
- CHCECE024 Design and implement the curriculum to foster children’s learning and development
- CHCECE025 Embed sustainable practices in service operations
- CHCECE026 Work in partnership with families to provide appropriate education and care for children
- HLTWHS003 Maintain work health and safety
- CHCINM002 Meet community information needs
- CHCPOL002 Develop and implement policy
- CHCPRP003 Reflect on and improve own professional practice
- BSBMGT605 Provide leadership across the organisation
- CHCMGT003 Lead the work team
Course Related Information:
For more course information including start dates, timetable and tuition fees click