Studying at SGSCC

What can I do if I have a problem?

If you have a problem, you should talk to a friend or another student or any of the College staff – your teacher, or the International Manager. Appointments can be made to see a counsellor if required. We are all here to help you with whatever problem you may have, no matter how big or small – so just ask.

What if I am sick?

If you are sick for more than a day you should go and see a doctor, even if your illness does not require you to take prescription medicines. You should ask your doctor to give you a medical certificate for your absence. This may be used as evidence in case your attendance drops below 80%. If in doubt you can ask the teacher at the College or speak to the Academic Manager.

What are the rules for attendance?

Under Student visa requirements, you will be required to attend at least 80% of your classes during the period of your enrolment. If your attendance falls below 90%, you will be issued with a warning letter to remind you of the importance placed on attendance requirements by the Australian government and by SGSCC International.